Monday, September 27, 2010

Jon Orsi- in response to Kari's Blog

Kari has- now and for as long as I can recall- always been a great source of knowledge, inspiration and interpretation. Often I call to Kari the muse, and always am I fulfilled. Her most recent blog on Eliade's chapter 7 I found to be very well put and well distilled. A little note she made really illuminated my day (well night- its 9:30) -

"we still retain a tiny spark of Divine Reality within us, which we can recapture when we do "remember" and awaken."


The idea that, in the act of remembrance we attain a passage or (re)connection to divine reality, really suits me well and it makes me smile. Because I believe this. I truly do, I just often forget and then fail to see the inter-web of ceaseless connections, but moments of remembrance not only reassure my beliefs, but they are in effect a practice of them.


- as a side note, that is somewhat related (or entirely related, for all things are) I was just turned on to this comedian Bill Hicks and i realized(remembered) how hilarious he actually is.
Though the subject matter is "off key" for class i suppose, the realization he talks about is in a way very mythological- you just have to see it all the way through to the end.
For such a long time when I heard the name mentioned I always assumed that people were referencing one of those dummies from the "blue collar comedy tour" but its not, dont worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment