Wednesday, September 8, 2010

jon orsi.pop-mythology right quick.


tiny note- reading the blogs I came across Michelle Storouds. And she mentioned how on the show 30 rock there is a peacock named Argus. clearly the shows writers know there studies. It reminded me of an episode of the simpson- which I love(d)- and whos writers clearly were studious english majors as well...

I've found this script from the episode I recalled. it still makes me laugh.

At Itchy & Scratchy, Intl., Meyers has called a meeting of the writers (who look strikingly similar to the real Simpsons writers) along with Krusty and a female network executive.

MEYERS
I have figured out how to rejuvenate the show. It's so simple, you egghead writers would've never thought of it! What we need is... a new character! One that today's kids can relate to!

The writers look at each other, uncertain.

OAKLEY
Are you absolutely sure that's wise, sir? I mean, I don't want to sound pretentious here, but Itchy and Scratchy comprise a dramaturgical dyad.

KRUSTY
Hey, this ain't art, it's business! (to Meyers) Whaddya got in mind? Sexy broad? Gangster octopus?

MEYERS
No, no. The animal chain of command goes mouse, cat, dog. (to the writers) D-O-G.

WEINSTEIN (a writer)
Uh, a dog? Isn't that a tad predictable?

EXECUTIVE
In your dreams. We're talking the original dog from hell.

OAKLEY (a writer)
You mean Cerberus?

No comments:

Post a Comment